15 Tips for Analyzing Your Dreams
One thing humanity has in common is dreams. Different approaches have emerged since
prehistoric times about dreams that we see every night in our sleep and forget some of them
at that moment. In general, dream interpretation, the dream is more popular approaches
such as a good save, although the origin of its dreams interpretations in which the
relationship between dreaming and personality characteristics in a person’s life that contains
the elements with adequately investigated and instead he has chosen to seek easy answers. In
simple terms, he extracted general meanings from the symbols in the dream and went on the
path of interpreting these meanings in the same way as everyone else.
Until the beginning of the 20th century in 1900, also in this repeat various sources Freud’s ‘the interpretation of Dreams’ called the greatest creation of what I call 2-volume book with a different process began to take shape and give rise to many new approaches that will emerge in the aftermath. Freud stated that it is impossible to make general valid interpretations of dreams, that every dream is fed from many sources such as the life rituals, personality, subconscious, sexual distortions of the dream owner, and that because of this, every dream analysis has to be individual.
Freud’s brightest student Jung, found the determination that dreams contain only subconscious material insufficient and added 2 more important reasons to this. The first is that it suggests that dreams originate from everyday life, namely consciousness, and the second thing is the collective subconscious. In particular, his reference to the collective subconscious is of unique importance. According to this, some of the dreams can be included in the dreams, as well as the experiences carried to the present day by written, oral and artistic means from the lives of societies before them, free from individual experiences.
After that, approaches to neurology were also added to the process, and dream analysis gained a much deeper and more technical structure.
Although dream analysis retains its place as an auxiliary technique used in therapy sessions today, unfortunately still has an interest equivalent to coffee fortune telling in society. Approaches that lack depth to explore the meanings of dreams, do not touch personal characteristics and lives, and completely disconnected from the scientific foundations of psychology, still in great demand on many websites, apps or face-to-face interviews.
In this article, I will try to make the processes that need to be considered in dream analysis in the light of my dream readings and personal dream analysis experiences.
Dream Analysis Considerations
1. Dream analysis is closely related to the dream owner’s personal lives, traumas, vital resources, motivations, day dreams, disappointments, defense mechanisms, and coping skills.
2. In dream analysis, a person’s age, gender, norms of the society in which he lives, cultural codes, socioeconomic level, religious belief or disbelief, the political climate through which he passes, are closely related to the family structure.
3. Each dream content contains complex elements that seem unnecessary and irrelevant to the extent that it harbors danger to the ego.
4. Each dream contains one or more self-thoughts. Since the purpose of the dream is to express it, the purpose of dream analysis is to access this sentence.
5. Areas that are uncertain in the dream, people who cannot be chosen, places form the essence and essence of the dream. It is important to examine these uncertainties.
6. One of the most important things in dream analysis should be to reveal the feeling of the dream.
7. In a dream, special attention should be paid to the subject, object or situations that most attract the attention of the dream owner.
8. If there is a special place name, person, word or phrase groups, this piecemeal information should be tried to be combined.
9. In recurring or continuing dreams, it is necessary to examine together the whole that makes up the series.
10. Simplifying the process, which becomes complicated when collecting the necessary material in dream analysis, as much as possible in the context stage and even reducing it to phrases that are simple enough to see almost through the eyes of a child, allows us to protect ourselves from the ambiguity of confusion.
11. Dream analysis can be considered just like film analysis. Drawing dreams that arise with different fictions into a linear fiction makes it easier to understand the content.
12. Questions to be posed to the dream owner are the main instrument of analysis. It is very important that the questions are simple and deep, open and fluid.
13. More than one dream of the dream owner should be studied together, and it is necessary to identify similar themes that arise in their dreams.
14. The relations of the dream owner with the person or persons in their dreams should be examined and the resulting conflicts should be emphasized.
15. It is necessary and mandatory to remember that during dream analysis, there may be consequences that may traumatize the dream owner, and to have equipment that can cope with situations that may arise.
There are many more important things that can be added to the list, I have listed the basic ones. As can be seen from the elements listed above, dream analysis has important foundations and deep dimensions. Do not forget that concepts such as making sense with traditional methods, exhausting good or evil are far behind, and dreams should be studied with modern psychological approaches.
You can write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org about what you want to consult, share, talk about your dreams.